2 cups milk
1 package dry yiest
4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 stick of butter, at room temperature (approx 75 g)
1 1/2 tsp salt
- Pour the milk in a large mixer bowl.
- Mix the flour and the yiest. Add the butter and flour/yiest into the bowl of milk, knead the dough on low spead for about 12-15 minutes. Add the salt after approximately 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise for about 45 minutes (or up to two hours in the fridge).
- Shape 12 hamburger buns, make sure to gently pat the buns into flat disc shapes. Cover and allow to rise for an additional 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl, using a fork, until mixture is thoroughly combined. Very gently and lightly brush tops of buns with egg without deflating the risen dough. Sprinkle each bun with sesame seeds.
- Bake the buns for about 10 minutes in the middle of the oven.