LICORICE AND CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH RASPBERRY FROSTING
approx. 30 mini (or 12-15 regular)
1 stick of butter (110g)
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (180g) granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup (180g) all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp licorice powder (can be excluded)
2-2 1/2 cup (300-360g) icing sugar
1/2 stick (50g) butter
8 oz (approx. 200 g) cream cheese (1 pkg.)
1-2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries, powdered
freeze-dried raspberries (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Prepare a cupcake tin with liners
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the milk to cool it down.
- Put the eggs and granulated sugar into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, cocoa powder and licorice powder) in a separate bowl.
- Sift half of the dry ingredients over the egg mixture and fold in gently with a large rubber spatula. Add the milk and butter. Sift the remaining half of the dry ingredients over the egg mixture and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the liners. Fill the liners about 2/3 of the way for best results.
- Bake for 8-10 mins (mini) or 10-12 mins (regular) in middle of the oven. The cupcakes are ready once a skewer inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Put the icing sugar, butter, cream cheese and freeze-dried raspberries into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Put the frosting into a piping bag and keep in the refridgerator to firm up.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled down, decorate with frosting and freeze-dried raspberries.